It's here! The Stainless Steel Coil HYDRA
Similar to the original triple feed immersion chiller, the JaDeD HYDRA™, this stainless steel coil version of the HYDRA™ is faster than most plate chillers and will chill a 5 gallon batch from boiling to 68 degrees Fahrenheit in just 4 minutes using 58 degree Fahrenheit tap water!
The design of the Stainless Steel Coil HYDRA™ allows you to have the speed of a plate chiller and the sanitation ease of an immersion chiller!
No need for labor intensive backflushing, sanitizing and baking of your plate chiller to limit the possibility of costly brew infections. All you need to sanitize the Stainless Steel Coil HYDRA is to put it in the boil for the last 10 minutes and rinse it off after your wort is chilled. No more worrying about hops and cold break clogging things up! There are no hidden extra costs required to reach the specified chilling times, just put the chiller in your pot, crank up the water to full blast and give it a stir. No need to spend an EXTRA $200 to $250 for a food grade pump, fittings and hoses that are needed for a plate chiller to achieve advertised chill times.
The solid brass garden hose fittings are threaded onto soldered 1/2" MPT fittings on the chiller with food safe Teflon tape. The soldered connections avoid common leaking issues typically seen with compression fittings.
- Constructed with 100% food safe materials
- Super fast chill times (5 gallons from boil to 10F above tap water temperature in 4 minutes*)
- Fastest of ANY stainless steel immersion chiller to chill your entire batch to 140F
- Easy cleaning procedure
- No need for a food grade pump and hoses to achieve specified chill times
- Durable stainless steel tubing: Three 25' sections of 3/8" outside diameter stainless steel run in parallel
- Stainless steel coils keep all copper out of your wort
- Perfect for low dissolved oxygen (LODO) brewers
- Silver brazed connections between stainless steel and copper connections and lead free solder between copper and copper connections
- Standard 3/4" solid brass male and female garden hose fittings for chilling water input and output
- Coil specs: 8” coil height, 11" coil diameter
- Fits in most all brewpots
- Made in the USA
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
Email us for pricing if you need this chiller customized.
*when using a garden hose spigot as the water source and following our recommendations for using an immersion chiller here